Sunday, September 25, 2016

grilled guacamole

It's Sunday fun-day!!  I spent the day lifting apx 2.3 tons of hay...needless to say I'm pooped.   Because my body (and my brain) are slightly fried, I thought I'd share a new recipe that I made yesterday.

I'm a bit of a guacamole connoisseur.  I have a special, secret (okay, maybe not so secret) recipe that I make on a regular basis, but I also love ordering it while we are out, and judging, in the most judgy way, the quality of the restaurants guac.  I've had some very good, and some very bad, but I'm always up for try something new.

Recently when perusing a magazine I found a take on guacamole that I had never tried: grilled guacamole.  This recipe is more about grilling the ingredients before you put them together rather than plopping a spoonful of the delicious green goo on the grates.  I imdeiatly knew I was going to have to try it, and I was thrilled with the results...even better, so was my family.  My daughter loves guac, but shies away from spicy...this guac was a little spicy, but she still loved it.  My husband is a timid lover of the green stuff...but he loved it.  My son has never met a guacamole he liked...but even he said it was 'pretty good'.


It started  pretty simple:

Slice the ingredients into grill-able slices,
brush with Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt,
grill until charred but not burned.

The smell at this point was pretty fantasic...and I thought it was pretty beautiful too.



Next, chop all the ingredients (except limes) finely,
mix together and squeeze the limes over the whole mess,
toss well, and season with salt and pepper to taste.




That's about it.  The exact recipe can be found here, and I highly suggest you give it a try.

This recipe is a keeper.


No comments:

Post a Comment