Friday, September 30, 2016

Fashion Friday: september favorites

Okay, in an effort to have some repeat themes here, I've decided to designate Fridays as my day for fashion.

Incase you don't know me well, here are a few facts about (just a small) part of me.


  • I love fashion
  • I love putting together an outfit everyday 
  • I love having my own style and trying new things
  • While working the last four years I felt like these were things I just couldn't do.  I worked a job were activewear was required daily and I had a specific shirt I had to wear (I was teaching movement based, academic preschool at a gymnastics and swimming facility).  I was also swimming in a pool everyday as part of my job.  Fashion was basically thrown out the window.
  • Now that I'm not working there anymore, it's important that I get this part of myself back.
  • I've started an instagram to keep me accountable to this goal (username: thismontanastyle - just incase you want to look me up)


Okay...now that you have gone through Emily's Fashion 101 we can get on to the fun stuff...clothes.

The past month I've been participating in a few style challenges.   My hope was that they would encourage me to try new things, put outfits together in new ways, and think a little more outside the box.  And guess what?  It worked!  I've been trying some new things, and it's made me more aware of what I really like and what I really don't like.

I thought I'd share some of my favorites from the month with you.




I love all of these looks!   I learned some things about my style this month:
  • I learned that I love dresses and skirts more than I thought I did.
  • I can actually rock a skirt that emphasizes my waist (that one took some courage to try).  
  • I'm loving all the layers.  I'm warmer, and more comfortable in layers, especially on the cooler   days.  
  • I'm realizing that I actually don't have a ton of pieces that are easy to layer, so I'll be on the   lookout.  


I also have a few favorite pieces this month, stuff that I wore multiple times this month that maybe had been sitting in my closet unused for awhile.
  • leopard flats- I've had these over a year and while they got some play now and then, this month I have worn them a lot.  Turns out that they go with everything!  Mine were super inexpensive, they came from Payless and are much like the these.
  • military inspired vest- I'm wearing this a ton.  Its a perfect piece to layer over almost anything, and the color is neutral enough that it matches almost everything.  Mine came from the Buckle, but I've seen similar ones at Target and several other places.
  • booties- all the booties.  they look great with everything and make even the most casual outfit look stylish.  

What are some items that are on good rotation in your closet?  What have you been wearing this month?  I'd love to know!




No comments:

Post a Comment