Monday, August 8, 2016

plan it

I think I may be in love.

This time it isn't with my husband, or even Charlie Hunnam (gasp).  Nope, I'm in love with my Paper Planner, and I want to shout about my love affair from the top of tall buildings.

It started when my husband tried to set me up with Paper Planners newer, cooler, less bulky older brother, Digital Calendar.  We dated on and off for years.  I tried to make it work, I really did.  But Digital Calendar just wasn't flexible enough for me.  He only saw things one way, he wasn't colorful or fun.  Digital Calendar was totally useless when my phone occasionally died, and wasn't easy to work with at all.

After several years of trying to make things work, I gave up.  Digital Calendar and I just aren't meant to be.  That's just about the time when I was reunited with my childhood love of Paper Planner.

Okay, all kidding aside, this really is a pretty accurate description of my history with Planners, date books and calendars.   So, you can understand my excitement when I found something that has actually worked for me.

A few months back, a friend of mine showed me her Passion Planner.  It seemed like it was well laid out and I love the focus on positivity and goal setting (and reaching).  When I looked them up on the internet I was totally pleased to find that (since it was almost half way through the year) they had 2016 planners on sale for around 15 bucks.  That seemed like a good price to give it a try.  If it didn't work out I wasn't out much cash.

I started small, entering my kids after school activities and using it to keep track of my to do list.  Slowly I started adding more and more.  I was keeping track of meal planning, and accomplishments.  By this point I was sold.  This really was working for me.  The cherry on top of the cake has been discovering that there is a whole community of Passion Planner users there to support each other.  I've found Etsy shops dedicated to making stickers specially made to fit in the Passion Planner to add to its uses and help you increase your productivity.

But the best part is that I have seen it work.  Over the past few weeks I have felt my productivity increase.  I have been able to better set goals, and then reach them.  Beginning to create and sell my jewelry has meant setting lots of goals, being able to set up the steps to reach them, and them climb those steps.  As I continue down the road of starting this baby business I am feeling pretty confident, and that is definitely aided by my Passion Planner.


This Planner may not work for you.  Maybe you get along great with Digital Calendar.  Whatever your planner status, I urge you to find what works best for you and use it to its max.







No comments:

Post a Comment